Zoom at OLLI at AU
Below are resources for Study Group Leaders and members on using Zoom.
DOWNLOAD ZOOM 5.0+
Best practices for using Zoom including keeping your software up-to-date. Zoom has released version 5.0.
Beginning May 30, 2020, only Zoom clients on version 5.0 or later will be able to join Zoom Meetings.
- For a desktop or laptop: https://zoom.us/download Click on Zoom Client for Meetings.
- For an iPad or iPhone: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id546505307
- For an Android tablet or phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings
- System Requirements for Zoom on Laptops, Tablets, and Smartphones
- OLLI Zoom Privacy and Security Practices (PDF)
How OLLI at AU ensures the privacy and security of members participating in our classes held via Zoom
- OLLI at AU Zoom Recording Policy (PDF)
For Study Group Leaders
- Zoom Basics for Study Group Leaders (PDF)
Detailed and illustrated instructions on how to lead a class on Zoom
- Zoom Best Practices for SGLs (PDF)
Background information on invitations, roles, and settings plus a pre-class checklist, and troubleshooting tips
- Instructor Tips (PDF / Thanks to Victor Rezmovic)
Tips on hardware, software, WiFi, testing, etc. to optimize teaching via Zoom
- Tips & Tricks: Teaching Over Zoom (PDF)
Tips and ideas for teaching over Zoom (versus in-person): before class, the first class, delivery tips, virtual teaching ideas, managing discussions, and ending class
- Zoom Basics for Members (PDF) Updated 5/22/2020
Detailed and illustrated instructions on how to participate in a Zoom class
- OLLI Zoom Tech Support Team